Tuesday, July 11, 2006

An example of outright plagarism, and a day of painting leaves....

While googling "world's best painting" (tomorrow's blog), I happened upon this, a blog about an Italian guy who had an entire body of work plagarized by an award-winning Japanese artist. One of my favorite responses was a quote,
"The master has a responsibility that the dilettante does not have, to hold his work up against imitators, and thereby allow the enlightened to spot the difference." "Spotting the difference" works when looking at the real thing, but through the 72 dpi lens, I wonder who could spot the difference? The BBC account of the international scandal is here.


Speaking of spotting the difference, here is the painting again after a whole day (8a.m. - 8 p.m.) of work.

here is a detail of the leaves that I spent most of the day working on, even though I have no idea if the technique will work, it has been so long since I have done a landscape.


Here is Radley's view of the painting setup....
and the man himself, unimpressed with the number of leaves Kate has painted.

I am off for a date downstairs to watch our NetFlix for the week, "Bad Education". Kevin has promised a new experiment with the ice cream maker. "I'm a scientist!!" he said, when I commented about our waistlines, "you can't keep me from my research!" More leaves tomorrow. xo Kate

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you familiar with Almodovar's films?
Add "What Have I Done To Deserve This?" to your queue. :)

2:11 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I am familiar, but have not seen that one. Thanks for the recommendation!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home