Friday, August 04, 2006

Dark Clouds of Hair

I have always loved that Leonard Cohen line: "I loved you in the morning, our kisses deep and warm, your hair upon the pillow, like a sleepy golden storm......", though it is really more applicable to this piece. Still feeling under the weather, but put in a good 7 hours yesterday:
And here's one for my friends Pip and Peggy, who used to drive me crazy by oohing and aahhing over the BACK of my hair embroideries every time they would come to visit.
Got my big roll of canvas today to start the new painting.... chomping at the bit to begin, but need to finish the hair embroidery for the impending FiberArt International Competition deadline and "the big mailing". We have nieces and nephews visiting the following week, and I might be able to bribe them into helping me label CDs while they are here if I can have everything ready.

It's Kevin's turn for netflix this weekend, and I am going to be exposed to my first Frank Zappa movie. It is amazing to me how many people have been trying to turn me on to him for so long, pelting me with little Zappa velcro balls that never seem to stick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home