Monday, October 30, 2006

Back in the Studio.

There are no finer words. Returned last night with a very nasty cold. I am off to get some good cold drugs, then I have to prep two pieces that are going to Artspace tomorrow (one for the annual auction, and one for the contemporary crafts exhibition), and get to my painting. Hoping to get to the transfer of the drawing to the canvas by mid-week.

Here is what the new hair embroidery, Oubliette I, looks like framed.


The glass is convex, it will contribute to the relic-like aspect of the work. All these pieces will be framed from now on. I have decided that I am not going to show the hair embroidery pillows any more unless they will be under plexi cubes. The last one I sent out to a major university gallery got spots all over it, and someone tried to wash something out, so there are water stains on it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home