Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Two Golden Nuggets to Feed Your Creativity.....
Today I have been working on my cartoon for the painting:
(click on them to see them larger) Listened twice to "The Secret Life of the Love Song", one of my touchstones, by Nick Cave. It is a lecture, and one of the most inspirational treatises on creativity that I have ever heard (although I recall that Toni Morrison's Nobel prize acceptance speech is a close second... you can read or listen to that for free here.) I don't have time to write a whole review, but read a few of the reviews of the Nick Cave lecture here at Amazon. I tried to play it for my students while they were painting once or twice, and it turned into one of those "Art Confidential" moments: I think 2 students came up and said it was amazing, and the rest did not even hear it. I have a bootlegged copy which I can try to email to you if you email me, or you can order it new or used from Amazon. I just now ordered a used copy through them, as the original is on a CD with another lecture I have not yet heard. I have some Nick Cave albums, but I am not really a die-hard fan of his music: I AM a die-hard fan of this lecture. I have had Cave's novel, "And the Ass Saw the Angel" piled on my nightstand for about 2 years now, but have not yet gotten to it, though people I respect have told me it is incredible as well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about we make a trade?
I'll burn you a copy of "Abattoir Blues / Lyre of Orpheus" and you can send me a copy of his lecture?

11:19 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

ok... email me!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home