Tuesday, November 14, 2006


7 p.m. Have other work to do tonight, so this is it for today. Angelina will look less scary when she gets eyes tomorrow. Got a phone call from someone in NY today: she said that they were filming "a reality show" at ArtSpace in Raleigh a few days ago, and they shot a bunch of scenes in front of my Jesus Nightlight painting, so they needed me to sign a release. So, in January, keep your eyes peeled on "Wife Swap" for said painting. Has anyone ever seen it?

Today was a pretty intense painting day. It is kind of weird painting people I don't know from compilations of 50 different photos gleaned online and from recently purchased magazines. I have never bought a tabloid to read in my life, and I am begining to feel like a stalker, obsessing over these photos to get all the details right. At this stage, it still looks like a bad "fan painting". Shudder.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

WOW! That's great! That painting is amazing! Go figure huh?!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

It IS a "go figure"... I wasn't going to show at ArtSpace, because although there is some good work there, it can be inconsistant (it is kind of like South Florida Art Center). When I moved here, I thought that I needed a quick introduction to get people to start seeing my work right away, so I did it. Let's hope we get a domino effect and I have a good "you never know..." story to tell in the future.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

U need to see this blog:
http://galleryoftheabsurd.typepad.com/
The artist does all types of paintings to poke fun at todays celebraties! really funny stuff! It will fit nicely with your new found tabloid obsessions...LOL

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home