Friday, November 17, 2006

Addicted to Covering Canvas Real Estate, or "I'm in trouble now...."

So, as I mentioned, we have guests coming tomorrow. The plan for today was to paint until 2 or 3 p.m., then switch gears to "hostess" and look over recipes, shop, make a few things ahead of time, as well as doing some last minute things (2 rooms) around the house to prepare. So, at 2, I had been painting for a few hours, but had not done anything exciting. I had cleaned up the folds of her skirt with a little gesso, and worked a layer of Alizarin Crimson over the putti, her skirt, and the people below. I decided that the lower left figure's hand needed redoing, as it is too small, so I gessoed it out. But I was not satisfied.... and I thought, "I probably won't be able to the touch the canvas again for 2 days, I need to do something that will make a big stride so when I come back to it, I will be further along than THIS". None of this would have happened if my husband was on his normal schedule, with his stabilizing influence, and a reminder that I said I would stop at 2... but he had to go on a 24 hr business trip, and so I was left to my own devices.


My devices forced me to paint in the bottom cloud, now it is almost 8 p.m., and I have a shitload of work to do. Blogging will probably be spotty for the next few days....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home