Thursday, November 09, 2006

I hate when life interferes with my art....

Today was frustrating... had to stop painting twice to drop my car off at two different places in an attempt to solve a fuse/trailer light problem. Grrrr... means that I have to work later tonight to stay on schedule. My stretcher bars came today. I am trying some new "museum quality" aluminum stretchers with wood on the outside edge, from Utrecht. (I am not a covert selling blogger for Utrecht...) I will let you know how they work out.

My Petah Coyne book also came today. I peeked inside....I am dying to read it.... tonight when the day's painting is done. You can take the girl out of the Catholic school, but.......

I want to stretch this thing as soon as possible so it wil be easier to work on, that means I will concentrate on the bottom part that is being done in acrylic, and stay away from the top for a day or two so that the oil can dry completely before I stretch it.

So, the first guy who looked at my car spent some time looking at it and testing it, and put it two new fuses, but refused to charge us anything because he did not fix the problem. "I love living here", Kevin said as we walked back to our cars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home