Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Race is On….

One of my friends made me this sign back in grad school, and it seems that it has still not lost its relevance.

The magnum opus Angelina Jolie painting continues. Yesterday changed her sash color, as it has been bothering me for a few weeks now. Darkened up the values on the kids and baby blanket, and began the Coke cooler. Today, I set as my goal to block in the tedious things I have been putting off, covering as much white space as possible.

Tonight, we were supposed to go to the holiday celebration at the North Carolina Museum of Art, the special one for patron’s level and up. This is one of the events that I payed the extra $100 per year for: a chance to rub elbows with people who might buy art, but there is no time to go. Weighing the potential benefits of getting dressed up and driving an hour up and back to a party, it just doesn’t measure up to what stands to be gained by finishing the painting of my magazine rack.

Or, as painter Elizabeth Murray once said: “When is the last time you got a good idea at a cocktail party?”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! now i can go to sleep

10:19 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Last night my sweetie was watching TV in the next room, some Tommy Lee Jones movie ("Federal Marshalls"?). Tommy Lee gave an order, and one of his men said, "But, we haven't slept all night...". His response was, "Tell them they can sleep next month!"

So that is the mantra for this week.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home