(excuse surface texture glare, it is late...)
I looked at it for a good long time, decided to call it "finished", and moved the painting to a place where I could photograph it. Having a little more distance from the work, I realized that I was dissatisfied: I wanted the whites to pop more, there was too much white overall on the top, it was all running together, etc. I decided to take the buffer day that I built into my schedule, and work on it one more day.
After the blue had been glazed over the top quarter of the dress, I was happy, as it provided a contrast against the baby blanket and her skin, but a few minutes later, I realized that I was going to lose the "cloud" of fabric at the bottom of the figure, which I thought was really elegant and subtle in its difference from the "real" cloud background. There have been two nerve wracking moments in this painting: when I put down the first green glaze, and it flattened out the whole bottom, and when I put down the blue dress glaze, below. I will spend all the time I have remaining responding to the blue glaze decision.