Wednesday, January 17, 2007

More observations from art editor, critic, and poet Jerry Cullum.

If you check on the "reviews" page of my website, over the next week or so, there will be downloadable catalogs from past exhibitions, essays, and past reviews being posted on a regular basis. Nothing like a little maelstrom to get you doing the things that you have been meaning to do for years...

Myartspace.com has published my interview, it is fairly extensive, and they asked some good questions. You will see that they have interviewed some pretty interesting artists.... be sure to bookmark the page and come back for a daily read, as I have.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda and SuperAmanda™ said...

Great interview and now I have a much clearer picture of why the painting came about.
Interesting that you never kept up with the famous Jones' until Blessed Art Thou.

Nice too that the interview covers other aspects of your work-the hair art is very sad to me because so many things happen when I dream and I'd rather not think about them in the happy light of day so I prefer the clothing and paintings due to my own wimp factor.
It really annoyed me when a previous comment mentioned that the clothing and hair art was a tired concept and had been done by her friend "years ago."
If it's affecting someone now that's all that matters.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff Kate, I really enjoyed the interview alot. I've read a number of J.Cullums blog entries over the past week or so when I have had time and enjoy his thinking as well.

(superamanda)"It really annoyed me when a previous comment mentioned that the clothing and hair art was a tired concept and had been done by her friend "years ago."" Oh amanda, don't let it get to you. By that persons logic painting, music and dance are all arts better left for dead. When showing kates work to my daughters, my 18 year old loved the hair art, and commented on its victorian history and was surprised to see someone recent working with it, but in a pleased sense.

Ron Ackerley

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home