Thursday, April 12, 2007

Today is a blissed-out day of making, and I am all over the place, frantically moving back and forth between 2 or 3 projects. Over coffee this morning, I started thumbing through my newly arrived catalog from a show called "Pretty Sweet: the sentimental image in contemporary art". The show was at the DeCordova Museum a few years ago (it's a great catalog, and you too can order it shipped for only 8 dollars). I printed out a catalog quote from Mason Cooley this morning for my wall:
"Irony dissolves sentiment, but occasionally a sentiment is strong enough to dissolve irony".

One of the projects for today is the embroidery: the upcoming weekend will lend itself to lots of sitting and talking, and I am prepping something for my hands to do while visiting with friends. I have always been so jealous of the (mostly male) students in my classes who did that messy fly-by-the-seat-of-their-pants embroidery. I seem genetically incapable of it:
As long as I am dumping images from my camera, here is a gorgeous Crying Magdalene painting from the Nasher Museum trip,
and a Petah Coyne flower:
Back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home