Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Studio update...

Been drawing on my cartoon, but also doing boring stuff: resume updating, business replies, etc... it is an exciting time, but I am contemplating hiring a one-day-a-week secretary, as I have been working day & night since I got home, and things are not moving as fast as I would like. It is time for a major website overhaul, and even if I do not do it myself, there will be lots of prep work.

I am getting ready to stretch the largest canvas I have ever stretched, and an odd shape to boot! I am quickly outgrowing my new studio as I set up to work on 2 large canvases simultaneously, and wish I had room to put up a third.

I have been working on a cartoon for the large piece for 3 months (with interruptions for travel), and I am minutes from being ready to transfer to canvas, but I am waiting for my husband to come home, put on a suit, and pose for a few last details on the cartoon.

Nights, when I am too tired to draw or even embroider, been watching films on witch hunts (Three Sovereigns for Sarah, Otaker Vavra's Witch's Hammer, and Carl Dreyer's Day of Wrath.)

P.S. If you had trouble with the video link from yesterday's post, click on it again, I have found a newer, faster version, and over at Ed Winkleman's blog, they are discussing the rationale behind the 50/50 dealer/artist split.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home