Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Last night, after the Adrian Belew concert, I had a dream:

It was a holiday in Burlington (I unofficially sold a major piece yesterday), and we were walking by a bridge, and there were hundreds of people looking over the edge of the bridge to the river. When we did the same, we saw that there were a hundred more people having a race down the steep side of the riverbank, ice cream cones in hand, trying not to drop the ice cream. Later, we were in our house, and I looked out the window & showed Kevin that there hundreds of ice cream cones (sans ice cream) floating down the river. Then I looked out the front of the house, and there was a tornado, very menacing, very close, heading straight towards us. We had discussed the drill previously, so I got Radley and went down to the basement, screaming for Kevin because I started to hear the train sound, and I knew he was off doing boy scout type things, gathering what we would need, etc, but I wanted him downstairs with me and the Scoob. The basement was already wrecked and chaotic, and the tornado had not yet hit, but there was water seeping under every door and, mysteriously, the refrigerator's doors were wide open and the contents were all over the floor.

I woke up, heart pounding, still somewhat panicked, and realized... sure enough, today is the day my mother arrives.
(Oubilette I, human hair embroidery on cotton, 2006.)

3 Comments:

Blogger RobinSlick said...

Oh man, sounds like one of my dreams but more importantly: HOW WAS THE CONCERT?

xo
Robin Slick

8:26 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I was going to rave about the concert later today in a carefully crafted fashion, but you know it was awesome!!!!!!!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Alex said...

Just went through two F5s in two weeks. Love this embroidery. I have these dreams now, too.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home