Saturday, September 01, 2007

Reuter's reports on "breaking news" about Leonardo DaVinci's painting technique, which is now apparent through new technology, allowing them to "see" the steps he took, layer by layer. (He glazed his color, building up layers rather than mixing color on the palette). I thought that we already knew that this was his technique, based on the looks of unfinished paintings left behind, but I love that Leonardo is still making the news in 2007.

Burning Man is happening right now. Add that to the list of things I want to do before I die. My understanding is that it has changed tremendously in the past 10 years... lots more spectators, as opposed to participants. Sort of like the vacationing frat boys who used to come to the naked beach in Miami with their clothes on to gawk at the sunbathing women.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home