Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My friend Elmer sent me the links to this Miami Herald story about artist Spencer Tunick's new project, set in Miami and using locals. Some of my old art buddies assisted. The slide show is here. If he tried to do this in Burlington, NC, maybe ten people would show up, and the churches would send out protestors.

Took my brother to the airport yesterday morning at 4:30 a.m. after an allnighter. The website is about 1/2 finished, worked on it all day yesterday, and think that my part will be finished today, and I will be back in the studio tomorrow. Spending so long looking at all my old work has provided some great perspective, and given me pause to think about my future direction. This reflection is good, because these 14-20 hour days at the computer are a bit mind-numbing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kate, I was cruising the net the other day and came across a picture of two young lads posing with your Defense Mechanism Coat at the Belger... I like Spencer T's work, too. Did you ever see the HBO show about him? About five years ago I'd guess. You can sometimes find it at rental venues... In 1974 in Chapel Hill, NC, 1,000 naked people ran through the library at UNC-Chapel Hill. I bet Spencer was a pup then. It would have made a great picture! Your bro in KC,MO

3:35 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks for the tip, Mo.
Yes the 70's were great for nakedness...

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home