Friday, December 07, 2007

Finally, a report from Miami.

Been SO busy... hope to catch you up more, but here are some highlights:

Here is Art Miami, collectors lined up, before the red ribbon is cut.
The light above my new painting was unlit for the first hour of the press preview. I went up to the lighting guys, clasped my hands in front of my chest, begging, and said, “I worked on this painting for 9 months, no one can see it, because it is in the dark, could you please light it? They were having trouble with lighting in various parts of the fair, so there were anxious dealers slipping the guys money, and hanging around at the bottom of the ladder waiting to grab them when they were finished with the job that they were doing, but my heartfelt plea (and my equally tenacious husband, who was one of the guys hovering around the base of the ladder) worked, and they came to light my piece... about 5 minutes after the Vernissage TV guys got sick of waiting and left. Such is life. Let it go.
My gallery decided to pull out one of my older, but major, ("I Let Him...") pieces and hang it at Art Miami, which meant that there was something for everyone, as this piece is very different from “Requiem...”.

Here is the new piece "Requiem... For Wassily & The Ineffable",
hanging opposite the Black and White Gallery from NY, who had some really cool things hanging, and were very patient with all the lighting guys fixing my work, and the friends who came by and stood in their space while taking pics of my new painting.

Here is a shot of my two works at Chelsea Galleria.... Blessed Art Thou and Fate of A Technicolor Romantic.

I feel that the work in the fairs that I have seen so far is stronger than ever before, though I am hearing that sales are not too good at any of the fairs compared to recent years. I am growing tired of one liner works, or work that is about obsessive process, with no content.

I leave the house at 9 a.m., and get back in the wee hours.... will sleep NEXT week.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your kandinsky painting has so much to take in. congratulations on the miami show!

5:30 PM  
Blogger The Branding Arsenal said...

Hi Kate. Nice work. You wouldn't have any shots of the booth across from yours, would you?

Thanks, Alicia

3:27 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Alicia: will look through my pics.... I am thinking no, but we took lots... if you would have asked, would have been happy to....

4:56 PM  
Blogger The Branding Arsenal said...

Thanks for checking. Was sad I couldn't attend.

- A

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home