Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Artist Relocation Program

Have you had it with renting? Are you sick of painting at your kitchen table?
Relocate to Paducah, KY. Own your own property with 100% financing. No, I'm not kidding.
Here are the incentives:
  • Lowertown is dual zoned for commercial and residential use. This enables residents to have gallery/studio, restaurant/ cafĂ©, etc. and living space all under one roof.
  • 100% financing for purchase and rehabilitation of an existing structure or the building of a brand new structure.
  • Basic loan package is 7% - 30yr. fixed rate up 300% of appraised value.
  • Free lots for new construction as available.
  • City will pay up to $2500 for architectural services or other professional fees.
  • National marketing of Lowertown Arts District and Paducah.
I have spent the day scanning reviews & catalogs, converting them to pdfs, and uploading them to the reviews section my website. Tomorrow I will do a bunch more. The goal is to get the complete collection up there, at least the reviews of solo shows. Then I also have pdfs of everything to email to people & put on the discs that I send out.

Also prepping for some hair embroidery and painting...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Town of Clayton recently had a presentation about the incentives Paducah has given to create a city for artists. Visit this link for a 7 minute video about Paducah
Clayton Studies Paducah Example http://youtube.com/watch?v=773Db-h_CE8

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My GOD people! Have you EVER been to Paducah?

Living there would allow you all sorts of time to work because there's nothing else to do except go to church.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Apparently they are trying to change that, Mary.... Do you know Paducah?

Today, my brother Bob suggested that all of our siblings move there....

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I know Paducah - my mom's family is from that side of the state. It's a lovely place to visit and you can find amazing arts and crafts there. Kentucky is a beautiful state and I enjoyed growing up there. But hum. . . Your brother in NYC suggested moving there? It's got a population of about 27,000. It's in the middle of the square formed by St. Louis, Louisville, Memphis and Nashville. That puts it in the middle of nowhere. Although there's lots of water sporty things to do. And you can go hunting.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Those are pretty cool places in every direction....

there has to be something right about a place that is working that hard to get artists to come and stay, to help them have an easier life to enable artmaking.

I am living proof that things can happen by moving to the middle of nowhere and having no distractions from your work. (I will not mention that I would have slit my wrists a long time ago if I did not get away from time to time.....)

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home