Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

The last of my guests left yesterday at noon... spent the rest of the day a bit shellshocked. It seems as if things have been happening at a breakneck pace for for months now, even years. Since I started "Blessed Art Thou"... no, since I moved here. Ironic to move from a major metropolitan city to rural NC, and have the pace of my work life pick up so much. Making a commitment to full-time artmaking, particularly with the caveat that it could only be continued if successful after a limited period of time, made me push harder than I ever have before (and if you you know me, you know that is a hard RPM to amp up)

I said when I was working on BAT that, when it was finished, I would be taking some time to read, catch up on some films, work in my sketchbook, organize and gestate my ideas a bit. That never really happened. So the plan right now is to start a new hair embroidery or two, but concurrently map out several hours each day to read or play in my studio and see what develops. I feel it is rather critical to make time for this process right now.

I will break the new routine briefly to head up to NYC next week: SO looking forward to the group show opening, "The Heart is A Lonely Hunter" at 31GRAND Gallery in New York. (It should be a fantastic show... I will be showing embroideries... hair, and others as well.) Will cram as much art seeing as I can into that trip, then come back and resume the schedule. Hope that your 2008 is amazing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenda said...

Happy New Year Kate. Congratulations on all your successes this past year and may the new year bring you even more.

Glenda

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home