Monday, February 25, 2008

Update.

I was able to get SOME embroidery done over the past week, while on roadtrips and in the evenings (when I was too beat to do anything else). We had a great weekend with our friends, and today, I am obsessing over my Hand-to-Hand Project, embellishing them further before I mail them off. Will post pics tomorrow.

We have new art. My Anniversary Present from Kevin is a piece I have been coveting from friend and artist David Schaeffer:
Kevin's Anniversary Present from me:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate - did you paint "Cake, Cabin + Ragweed"? Is that a Zappa shirt? That is hysterically funny - as is the dog.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

yes. Kevin is wearing his favorite Zappa shirt in the painting. My niece used to ask when she was going to go visit "Cake and Ragweed". My nephew calls Kevin "Uncle Cabin". It is sort of how I feel that we are not really grownups, and still just playing house here.

That MFA really paid off.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kate,
I am new to your commenting on your blog. I went to your site and want to say that I love your hair embroideries.
I like these, too. I do a little embroidery myself. I was wondering, what are you using now?

9:17 AM  
Blogger Modern Hairwork said...

Hi Kate,
I have been a fan of your hair embroidery for quite some time, and I finally have gotten it together to start a blog about my hairwork. I hope you don't mind if I provided a link to your site in my sidebar! I am so glad I got to see your work in person at "Pricked." Bravo!!!
Best wishes,
Jenn Perry

11:34 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks for the link, Jennifer... and for going to the see the show.

Sus, I am still doing hair embroideries, though they are heading towards a completely different context for presentation. I continue to embroider with regular cotton thread on velvet, and I am gearing up for a new painting. Thanks for checking out the blog!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home