Tuesday, March 25, 2008

So, my husband and I snuck off for a few days on my birthday weekend to pick up some artwork, stopping at the home of some dear friends to indulge in an Easter celebration on the way back.



When it was my turn to be a passenger, I worked on my vein embroidery.
There was a good post at Ed Winkleman's while I was gone.

When I got home, the gorgeous frame for my new piece had arrived:


It has been an unusual couple of days. While I was enroute, I received a call from an artist out west who does lots of work for "the industry", telling me that he had been approached by someone asking him to replicate "Blessed Art Thou" (only smaller, and maybe only the "pretty part") to give the painting as a gift to Ms. Jolie at some benefit. He said he was not going to do it, and I thanked him for his integrity.

Well, back to work on the hair embroidery. This is the first time I will miss the NY Armory Show in a few years, but there is much work to be done here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home