Saturday, April 05, 2008

Another Unhealthy Symbiotic Relationship

Well, it's 2:30 a.m., and I slept only 3 hours last night: I am exhausted, yet not even remotely sleepy. The deadline to finish the hair embroidery is completely self-imposed, yet I can't seem to get the piece out of my head, and I have the same revved up feeling that I have when there is an externally imposed deadline... I can't sleep, it's almost finished!

Yet I am afraid to work on it at night when I am so tired.... if I pick the wrong color and embroider with it, I could never pull it out..... at this late stage, the embroidery is almost like weaving, as each new hair is worked over and under already existing stitches.

The solution? Read the After the Revolution: Women Who Transformed Contemporary Art book that has been sitting on my dresser for months. One of the authors, Helaine Posner, will be speaking Sunday at UNC Greensboro, and I want to be prepared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home