Friday, April 18, 2008

For Once, Artistic Gratification in Less than 24 Hours

So, today was the deadline for a Works on Paper exhibition. Most of the pieces I was submitting were older, so I wanted a new piece to enter. Because the hair embroidery went way over schedule, I realized I could only get one new piece done, instead of the 2 or 3 I had originally hoped for. When it became apparent to me last night that the piece I was working on had no way of being finished without compromise to integrity, I switched gears at midnight (see previous post). I have been playing with this idea for a long time, and I realized that it would not take long to execute. So I was up until 4:30 a.m. working on the gouache painting. This is not the final photo, you can see the center frame is a little cocked, and I want to get a center frame that is a little more cherry wood in color, but you get the gist of it. No major deadlines in the foreseeable future....... real sleep tonight, a day or two to unwind, be a human, and get the studio in order, then blissssssful working.


In progress: Bloom., gouache & blood on watercolor paper, silk, velvet, frames, convex glass, 14 x 11".

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger libby said...

this is beautiful.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

thanks, Libby. A new center frame will make it even nicer....

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home