Friday, June 13, 2008

Got up at the crack of dawn, and went to our first Annual Hospice Sale with friends... it was unbelievable! The biggest fleamarket in the Southeast! No air conditioning, so we all lost a few pounds. I got GORGEOUS ornate frames for art, great vintage tablecloths, another bigger, crazier mirror to cover in glitter for the dining room, and many yards of black, blue and royal purple silk velvet for about 50 cents a yard (as opposed to $20/yd). All cheap!

But the big news today is that I am finally allowed to announce that I have been awarded a NC Artist's Fellowship! $10,000 to increase my production in the studio, which means hiring an assistant, among other things. I am thrilled beyond belief.

I am so happy with the slideshow walk-through thing that I put up the Frost Museum Show on Flickr as well. Looking forward to getting back to making some art this weekend.

7 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Wow! Congratulations!!! That is great news.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Congratulations!

I actually almost emailed you to let you know about the hospice sale. I got a bunch of old pyrex refrigerator dishes, glassware, purses, and shoes. Go back on Tuesday or so if you want REALLY discounted items. It was so so hot. My hair is in a weird dried sweat stage now.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thank you, Elizabeth.... yes, that was an incredible experience sweating while power thrifting. I do plan to go back once my fluids have been replaced in a few days.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOORAY FOR GRANTS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks, Sarah.

You said it. Another 6 month reprieve.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! And another line on the resume :-)

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know how it is to keep the good news under wraps b/c I'm waiting myself to announce our big grant - have to wait for NEA to do theirs first.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home