Friday, July 18, 2008


(click to enlarge)
work in progress..... "Untitled", 22.5 x 104", embroidery on deconstructed flag, batting

This piece will eventually be shown in the exhibition "Political Circus" from Sept 5 through Nov at Florida Atlantic University. I submitted a proposal to them that was recently accepted, and I have been working day and night this week to get it to a stage where I could send them some images, but I will be tweaking the piece more next week.
Have a great weekend!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather Stephens said...

I love it!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Browsed your blog over the past few weeks and was wondering where you were going with the stars...
And today, the answer! What a brilliant statement! Your work never ceases to amaze me...

12:16 PM  
Blogger Glenda said...

I also was wondering where it was going. Wonderful piece. I love the overall image of a band aid and how it indicates the need for healing. Very powerful.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks for the kind words, and for checking in on my work, guys!

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I just LOVE LOVE the "blood" seeping thru the "band-aid"...WOW again Kate ;) u amazing

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home