Thursday, August 14, 2008

In our household, I am known as the one who "always has to make things better": I frequently add some embroidery or sew a new sash for the thrift store clothes that I find. It is not only that I consistently double the vanilla or cinnamon that any recipe calls for... I can't even open a can of soup without adding some sherry and a pat of butter.

I think that one of the things that makes my art distinctive is the fact that I don't ever want to let go of it until I know that I can't make it any better. I have hung entire exhibitions, only to sneak back in the day before the opening and dab a few strokes of paint on the most recently completed piece because something was driving me crazy, and it was not apparent until viewed in a new context. And I thought that the embroidery on this flag piece was finished, but I spent the whole day Monday through Wednesday refining it even further.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home