Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hearts & Peanuts

Can't wait to see Kaufman's Synecdoche, New York! Oh, how can I wait another two weeks? Spent all of yesterday at Duke for several Peanut appointments: Here is the 14 week ultrasound:

He looks like Linus Van Pelt from the side. In between appointments, worked on heart parts:

It is always odd to embroider in public in these parts, because there are so many quilters/needleworkers here, and there is always some woman who asks me what I am working on, assuming that it is a piece for a quilt or another similarly "homey" project, and then she inevitably gets a weird look on her face when I reveal that I am embroidering sperm, or an artery, for a piece that will hang on a wall in a frame.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jannie Funster said...

He looks really really happy in there, think he's whistling a merry tune.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the peanut's a boy! wow.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Actually, it is a bit early to tell, but "the guess" is that it's a girl. I am not getting too excited until next month when we get a better sense. I have been walking around the house saying to my husband, "we MIGHT have labia!"

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home