Thursday, January 08, 2009

Something new & exciting always happens to me when I come to New York. Just got word that The Defense Mechanism Coat will be in an exhibition called "Re-Addressing Identities: Clothing as Sculpture" at the Katonah Museum of Art this summer. There are some artists that I really respect in the show, I am thrilled to be included....
Yinka Shonibare
Louise Bourgeois
Mella Jaarsma
Rashid Johnson
E.V. Day
Guerra de la Paz
Joseph Havel
Maria fernanda Cordoso
Fernando Brizio
Nick Cave
Cat Chow
Bingyi
Barbara Bloom
Ray Beldner
Kate Kretz
Yael Mer
Fahmid Moshiri
Cheryl Yun
Freddie Robbins
Beverly Semmes
Jean Shin
Mimi Smith
Ji Wing

The exhibition was curated by Barbara J. Bloemink. This afternoon, have a conference call with the Fort Collins Museum of Art to talk them through the hanging of the Defense Mechanism Coat. This is the first time that it will be hung without me, and I am bit nervous... maybe I should make an installation video.

Looking forward to the ImMaterial exhibition at the Black & White Gallery this evening. The group show I am in, "Narrative Thread", opens tomorrow night, at Lyons Wier Ortt Gallery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home