Thursday, July 02, 2009

Living in a limbo in a 2 bedroom condo in MD, outside of DC, waiting for our NC house to sell. For the past few months, been commuting back to NC with a dog and a newborn every Weds-Sunday to work on the house to get it ready to put on the market. A very difficult time in my life, but filled with moments of joy, coming almost exclusively from my baby daughter. Just started the first of several embroidery projects I brought to work on.

Packing up one's studio, especially not knowing where or when it will be unpacked, is tortuous. I already need about ten things that are in the back of our storage pod. I miss free access to my art books whenever I feel the need to reference. But they say that there is much to be learned from creating with constraints.

The fact that my husband was unemployed for 7 months during my pregnancy means that we cannot afford the help that we were planning on hiring, so I am making art between caring for my daughter full-time. The embroidery is excellent for the stop/start aspect of my current life, and we are blessed with a happy baby, who gives me lots of work time during her naps and cooing play sessions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home