Sunday, January 22, 2012


My newest piece will be finished in a day or two. It's really personal, so I have no idea if it's art, just know that it something that I needed to make to complete a certain internal cycle in my life. I will probably have to write a brief sentence and come out of the closet about a difficult issue in order for it to make sense to people and not seem like a pile of sentimental rubbish.

This has been a really fun and challenging piece to make in terms of solving problems and pushing the limits of the materials. It is a big sacrifice career-wise to make one piece and move on to something completely different, as opposed to creating an inventory of almost-identical pieces... I think about that all the time, as it pushes hard against my ambitions, but I can't work any other way. Life is too short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home