Thursday, March 15, 2012


Working near round the clock to wrap up all the disparate projects that I have laboring over for the past 6 months, so they can go into my show. I realize that I am scrambling to get these pieces done because I feel that they are rounding out the body of work I am going to show, filling in conceptual gaps. Are there are artists out there who only work on one project at a time? I can't. So here is where we are with the Thousands of French Knots nightmare:

It's optical blending, like a pointillist painting. Working on the most important transition areas now, trying to make them as subtle as possible. The remaining empty areas will be done in more economic stitches, so I should be done with this piece in the next two or three days.

1 Comments:

Blogger jafabrit said...

I tend to work on just one at a time and it annoys the heck out of me, but that is the way it goes.

This is exquisite on so many levels. I LOVE it.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home