Thursday, June 26, 2008

Serendipity, Perseverance, and Luck

Been working on a bunch of things... will post some pics tomorrow.
Last month, I wrote about a serendipitous day when I got a great idea for a political piece (unusual for me), then got a call for proposals for a political show the very same day. I have been working on the piece for the past week, and stayed up late Tuesday to get as much embroidery done as possible for the in-progress shot, and put the proposal together, emailing it off in the wee hours of the morning to make the deadline. That night, it occurred to me more than once that I should just let it drop, go to bed and forget about trying to make the deadline. Today I found out that my proposal was accepted. The show is not till the Fall, but I will probably work on it for the next few weeks 'till it is finished, interspersing it with other projects, because thick embroidery on canvas wrecks your hands if you do it too many days in a row.

My sister recently gave birth to preemie twin boys (Will & Quinn), and they come home from NICU in 3-4 weeks, so I will need some embroidery to take with me on the road trip to PA, where I will going to help her for a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home